Volunteer with The
Naperville Area Humane Society
The Naperville Area Humane Society's volunteer program is open to anyone 10 years or older with a willingness to work on behalf of cats and dogs. Kids 10 to 15 years old are welcome to volunteer as long as they have an adult sponsor (someone 18 years of age or older) to volunteer with them.
Requirements for volunteering with the Naperville Area Humane Society
- Commit to a minimum of 4 hours per month. The animals and staff depend on you!
- $25 program fee for the first year and an annual $10 renewal fee. This fee helps underwrite the volunteer program and its materials.
In the Shelter
The Naperville Area Humane Society offers a variety of in-shelter volunteer opportunities. From morning cleaning to dog and cat socializing, dog walking, and office help, there is sure to be something for almost everyone. For more specific information, please contact Andrea Cios, Volunteer Program Manager, at 630-420-8989 x 113 or at email@example.com.
Whether it is a pregnant animal, puppies, kittens, or an adult dog or cat needing a break from shelter life, foster homes are vital to the survival of animals in need. Foster families must be licensed by the Illinois Department of Agriculture and the Naperville Area Humane Society will obtain the license for you. For more information on becoming a foster home, please call or email Katie Aseves, Foster Home Coordinator, at 630-420-8989 x 0 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Teach children about the responsibility of caring for animals by helping with the Naperville Area Humane Society summer camp, after school programs, shelter tours, and classroom presentations.
Paws for Tales
Birthday Party Coordinators
Help kids celebrate their birthdays at the Naperville Area Humane Society. Run the event the day-of, and help make memories to last a lifetime!
Visit area senior centers with your own pet or a Naperville Area Humane Society shelter dog. Participating animals need to be well socialized, comfortable in a variety of situations, and current on vaccinations.
- Complete the online Volunteer Application Form.
- Once accepted into the program, you will be advised to pay your $25 New Volunteer Enrollment Fee (per person) online.
- Sign up for the appropriate Volunteer Training Class.
- Review the Naperville Area Humane Society Volunteer Handbook.
- After you have read the Volunteer Handbook, please complete the General Policy Evaluation Form.
- Attend orientation/training on your assigned day, and be sure to bring your completed General Policy Evaluation Form and a valid form of identification (driver's license, state ID, or passport). You will receive your t-shirt and name tag at orientation.
- Review, sign, and email the Volunteer Absence Policy to our Volunteer Program Manager, Andrea Cios, at email@example.com
- Upon completion of your orientation/training class, the Volunteer Program Manager will contact you to create your volunteer schedule.