Volunteer with The
Naperville Area Humane Society
The Naperville Area Humane Society's volunteer program is open to anyone 10 years or older with a willingness to work on behalf of cats and dogs. Kids 10 to 15 years old are welcome to volunteer as long as they have an adult sponsor (someone 18 years of age or older) to volunteer with them.
Requirements for volunteering with the Naperville Area Humane Society
- Commit to a minimum of 4 hours per month. The animals and staff depend on you!
- $25 program fee for the first year and an annual $10 renewal fee. This fee helps underwrite the volunteer program and its materials.
In the Shelter
The Naperville Area Humane Society offers a variety of in-shelter volunteer opportunities. From morning cleaning to dog and cat socializing, dog walking, and office help, there is sure to be something for almost everyone. For more specific information, please contact Andrea Cios, Volunteer Program Manager, at 630-420-8989 x 113 or at email@example.com.
Whether it is a pregnant animal, puppies, kittens, or an adult dog or cat needing a break from shelter life, foster homes are vital to the survival of animals in need. Foster families must be licensed by the Illinois Department of Agriculture and the Naperville Area Humane Society will obtain the license for you. For more information on becoming a foster home, please call or email Michelle Lenz, Foster Home Coordinator, at 630-420-8989 x 0 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Teach children about the responsibility of caring for animals by helping with the Naperville Area Humane Society summer camp, after school programs, shelter tours, and classroom presentations.
Paws for Tales
Birthday Party Coordinators
Help kids celebrate their birthdays at the Naperville Area Humane Society. Run the event the day-of, and help make memories to last a lifetime!
Visit area senior centers with your own pet or a Naperville Area Humane Society shelter dog. Participating animals need to be well socialized, comfortable in a variety of situations, and current on vaccinations.
If you are interested in volunteering, please follow the steps below.
- Complete the online Volunteer Application Form.
- Once accepted into the program (via correspondence with Andrea Cios, Volunteer Program Manager), please pay your $25 New Volunteer Enrollment Fee (per person) online.
- ALL new volunteers are then required to complete the following:
- If you are interested in working with dogs:
- If you are interested in working with cats:
- Volunteers interested in working with dogs AND cats should complete both sets of training modules and quizzes.
6. Attend your mentor session.
- Please note- this is something you have to pre-register for! The sign-up information will be provided for you once you have completed steps 1-4/or 5.
- At your mentor session be sure to bring a valid form of identification (driver's license, state ID, or passport). You will receive your t-shirt then, too.
- Also, please review, sign, and bring the Volunteer Absence Policy.
- Instructions on how to set your schedule and get started will be given by your mentor.
Thank you for choosing to devote your time to help our organization and the animals we serve. We look forward to having you as part of our volunteer family!